We’re developing My NFT Wars, a PlayFi RPG game, in collaboration with the seasoned developers at Blockchain Cuties Universe and iLogos Game Studios. Our team has an extensive background in free-to-play and NFT gaming, having completed over 460 projects since 2006.
In My NFT Wars, players can dive into an immersive world, collecting, trading, and battling unique NFT characters. Our focus is on merging engaging gameplay with cutting-edge PlayFi mechanics, which allows players to earn rewards and actively shape the game universe.
As we search for the ideal blockchain platform, we are considering Klaytn based on the following criteria:
- Scalability and performance: A platform capable of handling numerous transactions with low latency and high throughput.
- Efficient transactions: Reasonable fees to ensure a seamless and enjoyable gaming experience.
- Robust developer ecosystem: Access to comprehensive documentation, developer tools, and support for effective development.
- Active and supportive community: A vibrant community that can contribute to and support our game’s growth.
We would appreciate your input on Klaytn’s potential as a suitable platform for My NFT Wars. Could you share your thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of Klaytn in relation to a PlayFi RPG game like ours? Are there any unique features or resources within Klaytn that might prove advantageous for our project?
Thank you for your time, and we’re eager to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for your interest in Klaytn. I do highly recommend the following features and assure it can be great features to your project.
Scalability & Performance:
- Web3 games, especially games with PVP functionality - generate a significant amount of real-time transactions, more so when the game is designed to validate specific user events directly on-chain (ideal scenario). To facilitate this, the biggest determining factor is:
- Latency & Stability
- Klaytn has the lowest latency of all current major L1’s - 2.1 seconds (should include link to medium article).
- Klaytn’s true 1 second block generation and immediate finality allows low transaction latency, in return allowing a streamlined on-chain gaming experience, not too off from traditional “web2” gaming experiences.
- In the future, as game developers learn to leverage high performance chains and continue to process more events on-chain (reducing the burden of maintaining and operating centralized servers / DB’s), Klaytn will continue standing out, as it allows the levels of streamlined UX expected by more mainstream gamers.
- If on-chain gaming is to flourish and gain traction, network stability is going to be critical. Klaytn mainnet has maintained a uptime of over 99.8% in last 3 yrs
- Klaytn’s proprietary side chain functionality - Klaytn Service Chains
- Since its inception in 2019, before subnets were a thing, Klaytn has had native side-chain support. Operating a standalone service chain allows projects to maintain the performance and features of Klaytn’s mainnet, while maintaining full control.
- With the upcoming launch of our Mainnet- Service Chain native trustless bridge, service chain operators will be able to scale their projects while accessing the liquidity of the main chain.
- For example, since DeFi Kingdom’s migration to Klaytn from Harmony, we have been receiving consistent feedback in regards to the improvements to UX thanks to Klaytn’s performance and stability.
- Klaytn has some of the lowest gas fees of all L1’s - with 2500 times cheaper gas fee than Ethereum.
- The dynamic gas fee mechanism implemented last year allows the network to maintain a layer of protection against spambots while also maintaining a dynamic user-oriented fee table.
- Also, similar to Ethereum’s EIP-4337 (Account Abstraction), Klaytn has had fee delegation functionality at a protocol level since 2019. Project can choose to cover the gas fees for users who are coming from a traditional gaming background and aren’t used to gas fees.
- The Klaytn Foundation also has a robust ecosystem support program in whereby, project are offered gas fee rebates dependent on their on-chain contributions to Klaytn.
Robust Developer Ecosystem
- Klaytn offers one of the best DXs out there. We have an extensive array of SDK’s and developer packages to help game developers streamline development times and resources (refer to Dev Portal and Dev Discord for more info).
- We have the KCF - Klaytn Community Fund (launching in May), an on-chain community grant fund designed to provide support for Klaytn project.
- The KCF is an open, on-chain process and voting / approval is conducted by Klaytn’s Governance Council, pending community feedback.
Active & Supportive Community
- We have a large and robust global community, spanning East / South East Asia, the Americas and Europe.
- RPC calls (based on Ankr data) rank (in order):
- USA, Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, Singapore, UK
- Our proprietary wallet for Korean users (Kakao Klip) boasts over 2million KYC’ed accounts.
- We’re averaging 50k - 80k active daily addresses.
- Klaytn projects are also eligible to receive active marketing support from the Klaytn Foundation, leveraging our owned channels to reach hundreds of thousands of users; not to mention the possibility of co-marketing opportunities with our countless number of gaming focused partners like DappRadar, PlayDapp, P2EAll, Iskra and other gaming guilds / communities.
Hi, I didn’t understand a little what are the differences between the types of cards? Can you please explain this to me
What is the roadmap of the project? And if there is a place where I can watch it, I didn’t find any other information, unfortunately
Tell me, is it possible to play with friends? Or is this game going to be a team
How is the project promoted on the market?
I would like to create a telegram chat so that we can talk and it will be convenient for us, how do you like the idea?
How long do you anticipate the development process taking, and when can we expect to see My NFT Wars 4 released?
Are there any in-game rewards or token incentives that players can earn by participating in battle or trading NFTs?
This is a great article though. But I have a question for you. It’s been awhile since I’ve been hearing about NFT’s gaming but I’m yet to really understand what it is all about. Can you please break it down for me?
You said that in your NFT Wars, players can dive into an immersive world, whereby collecting, trading and all that. So now how can the players dive into the immersive world? And how possibly can they do this often?
This is so interesting! So I must ask, how is the community taking this approach up? Is there any substantial benefit for the players and the community at large?
Thanks for the emphasis. But you said your focus is on merging engaging gameplay with cutting-edge PlayFi mechanics? So why my question is how do you intend to do that in other for the players to earn?
I love this article so well and I want to try the game out. But how can I earn from this? Or is it just to play for the fun of it?
I’m so much interested in NFT’s gaming and have tried some out before now. So what makes yours unique and different from the other NFT gaming?
A good one there
But you emphasized that your team have completed over 460 projects since 2006 in the NFT gaming? How do you manage to do that? What’s your charm?
One of your criteria’s is Scalability and performance. So how long have you been managing this, and what’s your success rate like, so far?